Sunday, April 18, 2010

Reflections

When I think of you
I realize you're the one force
Who has never lost the power
Of what mysteries can do

Fifteen and I thought you'd left
Vanished into the night
Never to return
Except on reels of tapes
I'd replay when life became too much
Or when I needed a reminder
Of the dreams that were kept

You're not the only one
It's true
But you're the only one
That returned
With a new mystery
That revealed
We were never done

Now it's two souls in a dance
Recognition of lives gone past
More than we know how to explain
You're just another person
Like me, like him, like her
But still capable of holding
My heart in a never-ending trance

Love, it is not yet
Like, it is more than
Somewhere in-between
Fifteen and thirty-three
You and I became more alike
Than imaginations could ever see
Or two faces who've spent this lifetime
Merging their identities
From the moment they met

No comments:

Post a Comment