Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Final Goodbye

Don’t you think
It’s about time
We let each other go
We’ve talked about it
A few times before
Yet never followed through
I suppose
Out of misguided obligation
Or the need to still love
The way we used to

The way we used to
Laugh and smile with our eyes
The way we used to
Love without words
The way we used to
Become one
In a caress that felt
Like smooth sand
Slowly tracing
Over the skin
Again
And
Again
Connecting
More than just flesh
More than just our hearts
More than just two souls

It was a connection
Of our lives
Together working
Towards the same dream

A long time ago
That dream split
Into two
Continuing
To love you
Won’t make it one again
I’ve got to fly towards
My destiny
And you need to stay
In yours

Just know
That when goodbye
Does finally come
And we’ve collected
The tears, the pain and the emptiness
That I’ll never forget
That smile, that comforting voice
That feeling of home
Or the ecstasy
I once thought would be impossible
For someone like me

No comments:

Post a Comment