Saturday, February 6, 2010

Returning the Favor

Back when my spirit was young
And I thought I knew everything
I would need to
And my visions of what could be
Were still in full color
Radiating their aliveness within actuality
Which they would make disappear
Into the blend of a visible horizon
And the valley beneath it

You appeared on a fabricated stage
Of wonder and disguise
I didn’t like your illusion at first
I’ll admit
But it grew on me
Until I was lost in the story
That saved me from ending mine

An end that a part of me saw
As the only way to escape
The pain that I couldn’t
Stop
from being felt
The bottles filled with those capsules
Of a promise
Of perpetual dreaming
Were there
They weren’t mine
But it didn’t matter
They stared back at me
An enticement into non-existence
I was tired of crying
And feeling my soul rip itself
Into pieces that never seemed
To fit back together
I was tired of feeling
Out of place
Until I remembered
That I wouldn’t get to see
The rest of that illusion
Play out
Or experience the light
Behind it

Now you’re back
Without the illusion
Just the light
That needs to know
How to shine again
Or perhaps you’re back
To guide me again
To who
I’m meant to become
Perhaps it really is
A case of purpose intertwined
Regardless
There is no question
That the gratitude and pleasure
Is all mine

No comments:

Post a Comment